The perfect one day introduction to Paddlesport…
The 1 Star Award is suitable for complete beginners or ideal for those who’ve enjoyed a short taster session and now want to learn more.
The 1 Star is a British Canoeing course, with a national certification for successful candidates. The emphasis of the course is on safe practice, fun and enjoyment. You can download the syllabus and assessment notes from British Canoeing.
Here is the lowdown:
– You do not need any paddling experience but need to be fit enough for a full day’s activity and dressed to get wet.
– The course will include coaching sessions and a journey in kayaks and/or stand up paddleboards at a flat water venue in the Brecon Beacons National Park.
– L2F can supply all the equipment you’ll need and advise you what to wear so that you are comfortable on the water.
– There are a maximum of 4 places available, with a minimum of 2 required for a course to run. An individual coaching day can be provided but this would be considered a Bespoke Coaching day as described here.
– Cost is £75pp for a full day of coaching and equipment use.
L2F can also conduct these courses in association with a club, centre or small groups on request for a negotiated group deal.
If you are interested please get in touch.